Friday, December 23, 2005

JUST A NOTE



This is an off the top of my head Christmas message to you, on the day before Christmas.......It is so beautiful out here on the Branch,that I just had to thank my Lord for such a day as this.
I remember such a day, some 58 years ago,or less, that my Lord entered my life.I can't really remember a day without him in it,and to me, I think that is the best gift I was ever given.Yes,I was given the usual gifts......dolls,clothes, and even a huge play house, that my Daddy built for me, in the early 50's, that I loved, dearly.My family did all the wonderful things at Christmas.......we went to the Christmas Eve service, which I dearly loved, and Mother always sang "Oh Holy Night".Daddy usually painted a beautiful nativity scene on the big mirror that hung over the fireplace........By far, though,I think,that the best gift I ever received, was for my Grandmother Bouterse to tell me about the baby Jesus, who grew up to become our Savior.....one who would give of His life on a cross, and go back up to Heaven and prepare a place just for me, and then He would come back and get me, and take me to be with Him.......
That's it folks! A simple plan to a child, that has stayed with this 58 year old Mama, and I think it is probably one of the best gifts I have ever gotten, or will ever have, and don't mind sharing it.........
I didn't get this gift all wrapped up, but it is worth its weight in gold to me, and far more precious than rubies..........
It's priceless! Don't leave home without it!Merry Christmas Eve!
Becky

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home