Wednesday, September 07, 2011

THE HELP

I went to the movie the other night, to see "The Help." I grew up in the early fifties in central Florida, with a Mother and Father who taught me to love and respect others, regardless of their skin color or their station in life. So, I went in to this movie with the understanding that this did happen all over America, but in my little protected world of Mount Dora, it was a foreign concept to me. I grew up working right along side these same folks who helped Daddy, and could never understand why there were signs that said "whites drink here". I couldn't fathom why. God didn't create us that way, and my folks didn't treat them that way, so why did anyone else?
As I watched the movie, I began to understand that many of the people that felt this way did not have the love of Christ within them. There was a struggle for these folks, but as Christ told us, we would have troubles in this world, and we weren't to fear, because He had overcome the world!
I came away from the movie with a sense of appreciation that my folks had taught me to love and appreciate people for who they are.....just as they are, and for the fact that they were given the chance to stand up for their God given rights as children of the Living God, and to claim the blessings that Jesus Christ has bestowed on us all as His children.
Becky

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home