Wednesday, December 01, 2010

PHILIPPIANS REVISITED

I can't remember if I've told you this or not, but here goes anyway!
Many of you remember that Audrey encouraged us to memorize the book of Philippians, several years ago, and with the help of the Holy Spirit, I took up that challenge, because the son of a friend of mine, was in prison in Florida, and as you know, Paul wrote that book while he was in prison!
I wrote back and forth to Rick for quite a while, until for some reason my letters were returned. I was so saddened and sick at heart. I had been encouraging him with Paul's words and now it looked as if the enemy had won! About a week before David died, Rick's Father called to speak to David. After telling him his words of encouragement, I told him what had happened and how horrible I felt. I asked him to please tell Rick when they saw him that my letters were being returned, and that's why he hadn't heard from me. Ben told me I could tell him myself, because he was out of prison and living at home now!
Praise God!
Rick got on the phone and I couldn't stop crying! He said that he was so grateful for my letters, but especially the words from Philippians. He said that when he was down, he would pull out my letters and read those words! I know now why God's word is sharper than any two edged sword!It was able to penetrate down to the very marrow of the enemy and slay him! Rick received Christ in prison and God is doing some mighty powerful things in him now.
Does that surprise me? ......Who me?
"I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me", so no, that doesn't surprise me one bit!
Becky

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home