Monday, January 01, 2007

WHEN I WAS A LITTLE GIRL



When I was a little girl,we had a cement fish pond in our back yard. We had used it for a children's swimming pond, for my birthday parties, but somewhere along the way, it turned into an oversized goldfish pond . It was probably about half the size of a regulation swimming pool, and the "deep" end was about 4' deep, and the shallow end was about 2'..........Real big,huh? It was shaped like a kidney bean.
I remember asking Daddy if I could clean out the shallow end of the pool, for my goldfish.(I raised goldfish to sell at the dimestore, and they really grew big too!)
Daddy knew I would probably use the glass milk bottles we had(Yes there were such things as glass milk bottles then!), so he told me "No!" Well, being the stubborn, and disobedient little girl that I was, I proceeded to do it anyway!(Bad move!)
I didn't take into consideration, that the shallow end was drying out a little, causing the bottom to become slippery and mucky. Naturally, I slipped and when I did,I dropped the milk bottles; breaking them, and ofcourse stepping right onto the cut glass!
I remember screaming for my Daddy, because the bone was sticking out and blood was everywhere.....
He came out quickly, and picked me up, taking me into the house. I told him how very sorry I was, and he told me it was okay, but I bear the consequences of that scar on my left toe, to this day!
As with our Heavenly Father, when we choose to disobey Him,He will rescue us, and He goes one step better, than saying it's okay.......He will forgive us.......
But we will carry the consequences around with us forever......
Ofcourse, as long as I have Christ, I don't mind......
Becky

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home