Sunday, October 15, 2006

GRANDMOTHER'S RING



Every year, about this time,my fingers begin to shrink in size, and all my rings, begin to fall off my fingers,including my wedding band.Thankfully though, I have my Grandmother Bouterse's gold wedding band, that must have been a smaller size, because it always fits my finger, at this time of the year....
When I put it on my finger,I always remember the scratches and dents, that were once emblazoned upon its surface, but, that are now polished off, from years of wear.
I feel kinda close to her,too, when I wear her ring!
Kinda like our Savior's love,isn't it?
With all the dents,bruises and scratches, we have in our life, it's kinda nice to have the polish of our Savior's redeeming Grace to shine us up.......
And besides that, it makes us feel pretty close to Him too!
Becky

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home