Saturday, October 02, 2010

FOR GOD & COUNTRY

I told the director of the funeral home last week, that the first person people see when they come to a funeral or visitation are those men at the door handing out the bulletins. They are always nicely dressed and very nice, but that Jesus took the sting out of death and they looked like they were bound and determined to put it back in, when people walked in the door! I said I would have none of that and no one was putting the sting back in death and for everyone to be joyful, because this was to be a celebration of David's life and tribute to the glory of God!
I wonder why we always have to look so forlorn and morbid when we talk about death. I guess when people don't have any hope, they might be forlorn, but for crying out loud, someone comes along and gives you hope, isn't that a good enough reason to celebrate?
Jesus is the reason for the hope that lies within, and I was so touched by all the different aspects that people brought out in my hero. They saw things in him, that others never saw. Jesus did that too. He saw the best in mankind.
It wouldn't hurt any of us to be more like Jesus!
As far as I am concerned, I lived with one of the greatest men God could have created. Yes, he had his grumpy moments.....we all do. But, as for character; integrity, and love for mankind, there was none better!Jim Bradin said it best...."We had a giant walking in our midst."
I wish more people could have known his inner heart!
I chose to honor David this way, instead of the usual service, and I'm glad.
God gave me 37 years with him, and I have learned more about trusting in God through David and all his wisdom.
The nice thing is that David, although he is gone from me now, will be with me again, but my God will never leave me nor forsake me, and I will get to be with Him too!
Becky

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home