Tuesday, April 04, 2006

THE BANQUET



The Cotton Dock Plantation, in Charleston, just has to be, one of the most beautiful places,I think,that I have ever seen!........And to make it so much more special, I was at an Oyster Roast for the wedding rehearsal dinner of a former student of mine! My how time flies!
A roaring fire, with a wonderful blue grass band along with yummy, treats to munch on, completed the evening,....... only to be outdone by the presence of friends, whom I hadn't seen in a long time! There were hugs and long conversations, and eventually our goodbyes......
On our way back to the motel that night, I even managed to go over the new Arthur Ravenel bridge.... Now that was something!
As I lie here in bed, though,I imagine that someday there will be another wonderful gathering in a most beautiful setting,..... called Heaven!
I'll probably see students and teachers of mine, when I arrive; all those I haven't seen in a good while too, and a huge sumptuous banquet will be served. Unlike this one tonight, though, I won't ever have to say "goodbye", or "goodnight".......
It will just go on forever......Mmmm, so nice!
Becky

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home