Sunday, April 03, 2005

SERENITY



Most of us have heard the Serenity Prayer, but have you ever heard "all" of it? I hadn't, and was quite surprised at all that it included....Listen up! " Reinhold Neibuhr wrote in 1926:
"God grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change.............courage to change the things I can.And wisdom to know the difference....(now,here's what makes the difference)
Living one day at a time,
Accepting hardships as the pathways to peace.
Taking,as He did,this world as it is,not as I would have it.
Trusting that He will make all things right
If I surrender to His will.
That I may be reasonably happy in this life,
And supremely happy with Him,forever in the next."

What a nice thought to think, even in 1926, this man was awaiting a "supremely happy" life with the Savior. Mmmmmmm,has a nice ring,doesn't it?

Becky,January,2004




0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home